Administer Ubuntu Server in the Enterprise
Realize a dynamic, stable, and secure Ubuntu Server environment with expert guidance, tips, and techniques from a Linux professional. Ubuntu Server Administration covers every facet of system management–from users and file systems to performance tuning and troubleshooting. Learn how to automate installation using Kickstart, set up print and Web servers, configure and secure networks and TCP/IP ports, and implement Linux virtualization. YouAnd#39;ll also get details on sharing resources via NFS and Samba, protecting your system, and customizing the Linux kernel.
- Install Ubuntu Server Edition in a production environment
- Use administrative commands, secure with the PolicyKit, and customize permissions with ACLs
- Configure filesystems in partitions, logical volumes, and RAID arrays.
- Configure secure remote administration using the Secure Shell and Landscape
- Manage updates and configure local repository mirrors
- Control users with quotas, PAMs, and authentication databases
- Build Web servers using Apache, MySQL, and PHP
- Handle security with AppArmor, Kerberos, iptables-based firewalls, and TCP Wrappers
- Virtualize your system using VMware, Virtualbox, and KVM
Covers Ubuntu 8.04 (LTS)
About the Author
Michael Jang is a full-time writer specializing in Linux and Linux certification. He is the author of RHCE Red Hat Certified Engineer Linux Study Guide, now in its fifth edition,and several other books.