Expert guidance for securing your 802.11 networks
- Learn best practices for securely managing, operating, and scaling WLANs
- Comprehend the security-related technological underpinnings of WLANs
- Explore new security protocols in 802.11i and WPA and learn how they prevent attacks
- Review centralized deployment models for wired/wireless integration
- Deepen your knowledge of defense by understanding the tools that attackers use to perform reconnaissance and to attack authentication and encryption mechanisms
- Understand how to design secure WLANs to support enterprise applications with the new standards and practices detailed in this book
- Reference the next generation authentication standards and protocols
- Find out about mobility, hotspots, and campus wireless networks
- Grasp Open Authentication, MAC-based authentication, shared key authentication, EAP authentication protocols, WEP, WPA, and 802.11i
Cisco Wireless LAN Security is an in-depth guide to wireless LAN technology and security, introducing the key aspects of 802.11 security by illustrating major wireless LAN (WLAN) standards that can protect the entire network. Because a WLAN is less effective as an isolated piece of the network, this book emphasizes how to effectively integrate WLAN devices into the wired network while maintaining maximum security.
Cisco Wireless LAN Security covers the spectrum of WLAN security, including protocols and specifications, vulnerabilities and threats, and, especially, deployment patterns and design guidelines. With a unique combination of theory and practice, this book addresses fundamental wireless concepts, such as WEP, and innovations, such as EAP, switching, and management. Each chapter includes detailed illustrations, checklists, design templates, and other resources. You will also find generic wireless deployment patterns based on real-world customer installations and functional examples of architecture, design, and best practices.
Whether you currently design, configure, implement, and maintain WLANs or simply want to explore wireless security issues, Cisco Wireless LAN Security has everything you need to understand how to create a seamlessly secure, impenetrable 802.11 network.
This book is part of the Networking Technology Series from Cisco Press¿ which offers networking professionals valuable information for constructing efficient networks, understanding new technologies, and building successful careers.